We all remember the voice that came to Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams, whispering: “If you build it, they will come.”
While this made for a memorable Hollywood catchphrase, the same doesn’t ring true for business. Even if you have the best product or service on the market, it makes no difference if your target audience doesn’t even know it exists.
Additionally, operating in a silo-like environment is not a great recipe for small business success, either. Collaboration and networking are essential to bringing all the elements together for a successful business model, and companies across Australia are finally waking up to these advantages.
Because of this awareness, events are becoming even more vital for all SMEs looking to upgrade their industry presence. They present ways to engage with the community, build loyalty, establish a brand image and the opportunity to leverage the skills of like-minded professionals.
Interestingly, research shows that 74 percent of consumers in Australia have a better opinion of brands after attending an in-person event – an opportunity worth tapping into, no matter your industry.
How to host your own networking event
Before you start sending out invitations, here is your checklist of things to prepare for your event (and trust us, the more preparation, the better):
- Consider using an app: There are many event apps out there that can help take the stress out of preparation.
- Work out your target audience: Get a clear idea of the demographic your product or service is best aimed at, to ensure your event is relevant to the attendees.
- Connect before the event: For each RSVP, try and engage in conversation to get to know them beforehand. It will make things a lot easier on the day.
- Use social media: Facebook and other social media platforms have built-in event managers that can be used to invite a wider audience, and to manage communication efficiently.
- Choose your venue wisely: If you are in a coworking space, your venue may be right under your feet. Locations like United Co. offer high-tier event spaces that can be tailored to suit your specific occasion. Best of all, even if you’re not a United Co. member, these rooms are available for hire.
The advantage of using a coworking space for your event
Leasing or purchasing an office space is expensive, and while working from home reduces overheads, it often means sacrificing interactions with other professionals.
A coworking space eliminates these issues, providing an affordable hotspot for those looking to mingle in a professional environment. Beyond this, overheads are low and the best part is that you get to work, collaborate and network with people from various industries every single day.
Venues like United Co. include best-in-class facilities like boardrooms and meeting rooms, allowing you to utilise powerful corporate facilities when you need them most. Add to that the delicious onsite catering options, and there’s plenty to love.
In the end, opting for a coworking space for your event can present opportunities to collaborate and help each other grow.
Are you organising a business event in Melbourne? Enquire about venue hire options at United Co. today.